NEXT SCHEDULED COURSE:
Date: January 31 – February 1, 2020
Time: 08.30 – 17.00 (includes lunch and tea breaks)
Venue: Ainkawa Royal Hotel, Erbil, Kurdistan Region of Iraq
Course fee: $350 per person (see details at the bottom of this announcement)
A few places are still available. Please contact us to register: firstname.lastname@example.org
We cordially invite you and your staff to our certified security training, which includes basic first aid. The VEPT is a registered trademark of Strategic Edge that aims to strengthen personal security in high risk environments. This 2-day intensive training provides exposure to understanding, adapting, and tackling the challenges of the operational environment, thereby building staff resilience and enabling successful completion of their mission, while ensuring their safety and welfare.
Why the VEPT from Strategic Edge:
- Certified in the UK by the Institute of Training and Occupational Learning (ITOL). The First Aid component is certified by NUCO Training Center UK.
- Abides by humanitarian principles and developmental aid guidelines.
- Tailored specifically to humanitarian needs, thereby endorsed by the Centre for Education and Research on Humanitarian Action (CERAH), a joint centre of the University of Geneva and The Graduate Institute, Switzerland. Portions of the VEPT are included in CERAH’s Certificate of Advanced Studies program.
- Enriched by field experiences of its instructors (international and local), course developers, and role-players, tailored to the context of Iraq.
- Enables organizations to comply with the Minimum Operating Standards of Security (MOSS) that help prevent injury and loss of life, perform duty of care to staff, prevent litigation and reputation damage, and above all, meet the ethical and moral standards expected of an aid agency or NGO.
- Helps fund the Amalna Center for Women and Children in West Mosul, and enables sending medical volunteers to frontline areas.
Details on the course fee:
Includes: certified instructors, digital presentations for downloading, use of equipment and training materials, professional certification
Does not include: lunch buffet ($16/person), tea/coffee break ($8 per person/day). Alternative lunch venues can also be found outside the hotel.
Click on the link below to get an overview of other courses we offer:
To know more about Strategic Edge, download our organizational brochure here: